Radon. Is Uranium’s radioactive cousin living in your house?
The EPA recommends homes be tested for Radon at least every two years. At Sky Seals, we encourage you to obtain a copy of the most recent radon test performed by the current home owner. If an inspection report cannot be provided, we strongly suggest Radon testing in any home you are considering purchasing or selling.
Radon is a silent killer. You can’t see it, taste it, or smell it; yet Radon is the 2nd leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. The first line of defense against this deadly gas, and the only way to start protecting yourself and your family, is to test regularly for the presence of Radon in your home.
For more information…
Check out this video and visit the resources listed on this page.
- Only cigarette smoking causes more lung cancer than radon.
- 50% of houses tested in Colorado contain dangerous levels of radon.
- There are no early signs or symptoms of the illness caused by Radon.
- Radon kills an estimated 20,000 people a year in the US. Automobile accidents kill 40,000 per year.
- Radon can be a problem in any home, regardless of size or age.
- Radon is a radioactive gas that comes from the breakdown of Uranium.
- Radon can penetrate your home through a variety of access points.